Pages

Tuesday 25 November 2014

DIY Decoupage Canvas Art

Here is a very simple decoupage project that anyone can try at home. 



All you need is:
1. A canvas
2. Pretty paper napkin or any decoupage paper.
3. White school Glue
4. A Foam brush

First cut out the picture you want to decoupage. Do not separate the sheets of your napkin before cutting. It becomes too flimsy and will tear. 

After deciding where the image should go, make very light markings on the canvas so you know where to apply glue.

You can use either a  foam brush or an artists brush to apply glue.

Separate the sheets of your paper napkin and then carefully place the picture and stick into position. Patioelf suggests using Serrano wrap to always smooth out wrinkles which I have tried earlier on other projects but not for this one.

I did end up getting a few wrinkles, but I felt it kind of added depth to this particular piece. 

After it dries, if you feel it has not adhered properly, add one more coat of glue.

Let it dry and then add a top coat. Where I live I don't have access to modge podge of any type. So my top coat was also school glue.

The sides of my canvas was 1 inch thick. And let the image spill over to the sides - again for some depth.

I loved how it turned out.. So even if you cannot paint like Van Gogh, don't worry you can always use decoupaged canvas art to pretty up your walls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment